Melanie Paulk Abderrahman aka Mandeep Khalsa
T: (435) 867-YOGA (9642)
Mandeep began her journey as a professional Teacher in 2000. She was led to practice Yoga due to a chronic, painful low back compression combined with an intense early onset of Menopause. After just one yoga class she was amazed at how much better she felt, balanced and stronger and instantly knew this was her direct path of Healing.
She has earned 1000 hours plus of Yoga, Meditation, and Sound Healing certifications and is registered with the International Kundalini Teacher’s Association, Yoga Alliance as well as the International Yoga Therapists Association. She offers Teacher’s Training and Continuing Education Workshops that are recognized by Kundalini Research Institute and Yoga Alliance. She co-teaches Level One, Level Two Kundalini Professional Training with her Lead Teacher and Mentor – Mehtab Benton from Austin, Texas.
The Story of Sage Hills OM Ranch
Omar and Melanie Abderrahman purchased this beautiful property in 2005. The move from the bright lights of Las Vegas to the quiet High Desert and Beauty of Southern Utah’s Cedar Valley, instantly began to change and redirect their lives in many ways.
Melanie began to teach Yoga classes and Omar continued to travel with his Production Management career. They soon realized that living here at the OM Ranch was a stewardship to share with all people who were looking for a quiet and beautiful place to retreat, restore and renew. The property came with a guest house and the Abderrahmans decided to make it available for overnight stay. This grew to people wanting yoga classes and healing treatments on site, so they began to create small weekend or weekly “retreats” and healing services.
In 2009, OM broke ground on the plans to build a 4000sqft building that would house a spectacular new studio for classes, workshops, music events and be available for lease for weddings, parties, corporate events and more! In spite of the downturn of the economy, the Abderrahmans were determined and focused to build and create this much needed center. The entire year of 2009 was spent with this enormous building project and in January of 2010, was completed.
Today, the center is fully operational. Weekly Community classes, training, and workshops are available. We offer on site tent camping, weather permitting, OR we suggest these lodging options off property: http://www.bnbswiss.com which is close by and offers a discounted “Sage Hills” Rate OR you can reserve an entire 3 bedroom/3 bath home that is set up to accommodate 10 guests. https://www.vacasa.com/unit.php?UnitID=8737. We recommend to stay on property for a full immersion experience.
The property is sacred and special in part due to a Natural Phenomenon of a naturally magnetic Magnetite Fin that has a very deep vein throughout the property and is exposed in various places upwards to 10 feet above ground. This healing Magnetite is naturally grounding and calming. People claim to get the best sleep and rest of their lives while staying at the OM!
We have 22 acres of sage covered rolling hills, that are available for exploring and simply enjoying the solitude and serenity, yet you are a mere 15 minutes from town, Shakespeare Festival, Brianhead ski resort, and centrally located within the Golden Circle of 6 beautiful National Parks – Zion, Bryce, Cedar Breaks, Snow Canyon, Kolob Canyon, Grand Canyon.
If you are interested in having your event here, please contact Mandeep to coordinate
T: (435) 867-YOGA (9642)
Directions to our beautiful Healing Center
• From I-15 NorthBound take Exit 59 – go right – West- away from town on Hwy 56.
• After approximately 5 miles turn right at Iron Springs Road. Look for the “Animal Shelter” sign.
• Approximately 4 miles on your right is Sage Hills Drive – our sign is there – turn right. This is a dirt road. Follow road until it splits 3 ways – stay hard right – our directional signs are there to guide you to the OM Ranch, which is where the Healing Center is. You will be driving along in front of a big white house with horses. This is my neighbor. The road goes up a tiny hill and drops down: take this carefully. There may be other cars going the other way, or deer crossing. The road curves sharply left after the hill, then right again up a more gradual incline. You will enter through the large goal post entrance with the OM hanging from the center. Park where you see the parking signs.
• The Healing Center is the large 2 story building – enter where the prayer flags are hanging, at the west entrance.
• From I-15 SouthBound take Exit 59 – go left – West – away from town on Hwy 56. Follow same directions as above.
We are on Mountain Standard Time.
Peace be with you, Sat Nam,
Omar and Melanie